Getting help for persisting pain has so many ups and downs.
Have you had confusing explanations for what's causing your ongoing pain?
Are you stuck and feel like you've done everything, but you're not feeling better?
Are you worried about your future, if this is how you feel now?
Are you searching for help to move forward and get back to living well?
Have you read or heard about other people that have recovered, and wonder if you can too?
If you're saying YES to these questions, ask yourself:
Can you set aside old information about pain, and make way for some new ideas?
Can you be patient and give yourself time for change to happen?
Can you keep taking action even if the changes might seem small to begin with?
Are you willing to try working with your symptoms, rather than avoiding them or ignoring them ?
Chronic pain recovery sounds fairly simple, if you follow these steps:
- 1. Understand your pain relative to your mind, body and environment.
- 2. Understand how threat and safety signals are balanced in your life, and how you can change them.
- 3. Look at your daily activity patterns and build in strategies of learning, self-regulation, awareness and pleasure.
- 4. Recognise the movements and environments that you avoid, and find ways to make it safe to challenge that avoidance.
- 5. Re-engage with a full and meaningful life in line with your values, that helps to positively reinforce the brain changes you've been making with learning and movement.
That's the blueprint, and if you can take that and make it work, you'll do well!
Changing how pain impacts your life takes support and encouragement to persist with new everyday actions.
Your expert Brain Changer Pain Therapist is there to listen, support and help you take actions that move you forward towards a life you love.
If you're ready to put science into practice, with support and encouragement every step of the way, then the 12-week Brain Changer Pain Recovery Program could be a fit for you.
- 18 sessions of 1-on-1 video coaching with an expert Pain Therapist (twice per week for 6 weeks, once per week for 6 weeks)
- Daily activities and assignments using the Brain Changer Learning platform
- Standardised scientific outcome measures so that you can track your improvements through the 12 weeks.
- Peer mentoring from community members that have recovered from persisting pain
- Community support and accountability in Brain Changer's private online community
- Co-ordination with your existing health care team to increase your circle of help and support.
Payment instalment plans are available.
For Australia: Rebates are not available through private health insurance at this stage. Approved for Worker's Compensation in some states.
Early opt-out: We try to select people that are ready to succeed for this program, but if we make a mistake and you need to leave the program, we have options for you to step off gently after week 2.
Of course we’ll ask questions, and get your feedback about what didn’t work so we can improve the program because that’s not the feedback we’re used to receiving!